Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two-wheeling

I got up, found my way to the number 11 tram, and rode it to the beach at the end of the line.  I walked across the sand to touch the North Sea, since I'd come this far, and then hunted for the bike rental shop I had been told was around somewhere.

I found it, got my bike and turned back to the hotel.  Yes, I had my Bushnell Back Track, but I pushed the wrong button and "reset" it so that it now figured out precisely were I was standing rather than where I had come from and now wanted to return to.  I relied on a Tru Nord compass, a map, and a friendly native to guide me home.

I worked the rest of the day and looked through the window at the people having fun in the beer garden below.


Saturday morning.  Looks like Abbey Road.




A view of the North Sea from a flowered memorial.




The bike shop is right down the hill.




Looking down at the beer garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment