Saturday, November 6, 2010

Interceptor and Frontline

Larsen normally got his doses of Interceptor and Frontline on the first of the month. 

For a while now, I had been noticing that Larsen would get sick periodically.  It seemed to be around the first of the month and I was starting to form the thought that it was from the punch of those medications.  Dr. Tilghman's own thoughts on this (see blog 10/28/2010) provided me with the initiative to split the two.  This is called succumbing to confirmation bias. 

Since Larsen's only been alive for 43 months, I don't have a split/non-split set of months to work with.  I just noticed that after splitting his Interceptor and Frontline by 5 days Larsen's appetite was off for the first week (Interceptor only).  He wasn't interested in eating much despite a lot of hard field work.  However, his appetite seems to be unaffected by the application of Frontline, although he's been enjoying a mix of chicken & rice (which he loves) instead of pure kibble, as we ease back into the usual menu.  If I had to hazard a guess right now, I'd say that the Interceptor is more potent to him than is the Frontline.  (based on an n of 1.)  

All of this may affect your dog not in the least, but I thought I'd report my own observation on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment