Monday, January 7, 2013

Running Zelda

I had a great time running Zelda in the field on Sunday.

The idea is to run an accomplished and polished Master Hunter so that I could then see my own handler weaknesses and work on those.  If Zelda looks like a dope or nincompoop in the field, we will know that I'm sending her mixed signals, and not that she's forgotten how to hunt.

The run went well because that dog is not just a Master, but a maestro.   She sat on the flush before I thought to peep my whistle.

On the other hand, she was genuinely puzzled when I called her in, instead responding well to Shoni's voice.  Clearly, Zelda understands Cathy and Shoni but not me.  As Shoni said, I might consider getting in touch with my feminine side.

Afterwords, I played a little with Zelda, just to let her get to know me.  That will help as the ESS test rolls around and I handle Zelda at the event.


Zelda was a good partner on Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment