Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Zelda

Possibly seeking new challenges, Cathy V. allowed me to un-train Advanced Master Hunter Zelda at the Sunday Hunt Test.

The point of the exercise was to allow me to run an accomplished dog under the pressure of a genuine Hunt Test to see how my reactions, body language, and commands stacked up.  Unhappily, the stack was a house of cards, as Zelda quickly learned that I was there for little more than company as she joyfully hunted the field on her own.

Afterward, Cathy (and Aki, and just about everyone else who could speak to me with breaking into laughter) said that my commands were far too soft and mother-may-I for the dog.  What's funny is that I would have no problem at all using a snarling voice, which I reserve for special occasions with Larsen, except that Zelda not only was someone else's dog, but I see her as a little white pillow, and not the true hunting dog that lies within that Bo-Peep coat.



This is going to be easy!



Ready?



Frank entertains Zelda with a medley of tunes on his whistle.


Fly-away bird and time for water.

No comments:

Post a Comment