Sunday, June 21, 2015

TV Time

Sitting on the grass in the back yard at mid-summer is a trifle boring for me.  There's a clatter of squirrels, some lightning bugs becoming evident as evening approaches, a few birds flit.  A car door closes.

For Larsen, I suppose this is like watching TV.  He observes the tree bough bending as squirrels pass hither and yon.  A bird is observed and logged in.  A car door raises an eyebrow.

Real TV is too abstract for Larsen.  Once in a while, he may respond to the cackle of a rooster on a youtube video, or to a sqeal from a videotaped litter of pups, but for the most part, it does not register.

The back yard, by contrast, is kalaediscopic, at least for him.  I enjoy our little outings.  He sits or leans on my leg, and observes the passing, knowing that I'm with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment