Monday, November 12, 2012

Larsen's WSSCA Hunt Test results

For Larsen and me, the results were discouraging.  Larsen broke through the bird with nary a care in the world on both days, basically erasing from his mind any thought of steadiness to wing and shot.  That was monumentally disappointing, and the reality of a summer of work going up in an instant is only now starting to sink in.

I'll have to revise my methods, somehow.  My immediate thought is to sit him at every opportunity near and far and any time I toss a bumper, even in the most mindless game.

On the positive side, Larsen's delivery to hand of the fetched bird were very good.  He hunted with enthusiasm and with intelligence, using the wind and terrain and responding to quiet whistles.

Also on the positive side, participants seemed to have a good time generally, winners and losers a like.


No comments:

Post a Comment