Tuesday, October 2, 2012


A sunscreen over the dog crate is essential during the summer, and it is useful year round.  The screen keeps the dog cooler and it also blocks the action on the field and thereby reduces the plaintive whining of a dog that thinks the whole is stacked against him if some other dog is in the field.  

I've got sun screens from Gothic Arch Greenhouse in Mobile, AL, which provides greenhouses and accessories to the gardening set.  

The suncreen  is called "Aluminet" and it comes with many options.  

I have two of and each is 7' x 10'.  It seems standard width is 13', so I'm not sure why I didn't just go with the standard. (maybe it was cut for the binding, I don't remember).  You can get other standard and non-standard sizes.  Mine is 70% sun blocking, and that seems to work for me.  I also have the binding or taping with grommets.  

I got a couple of stuff sacks from Amazon.  At day's end, I fold and roll up the screens and stuff them into the stuff sacks.  You can get nylon stuff sacks from WalMart as well.  

My order for 2 of the 7x10 screens was $89 all in and they have held up for several years now despite looking very delicate.  


No comments:

Post a Comment