Monday, June 10, 2013

Back to the farm

I took Larsen to Tim P's in Bowman, Georgia for a month's training.  My schedule is busy and the little dog needs some obedience work if he's to have a chance at a Master Hunter leg.  I've seen the components of a master hunter.  He can be steady, but he can get confused about what's expected of him.  The potential cure is every day work that I can't give him.

It's time to assess Larsen, and me.  We aren't making progress and need to try something different if we are to move forward.  Larsen will be at Tim's for a minimum of 30 days.  Larsen has stayed at Tim's a number of times before, so the hope is that he gets into the routine fairly quickly and starts to heed Tim's commands.

It will be a long, long 30 days for Aki and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment