Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Larsen & Lissen

Larsen and Lissen take a time out.









Larsen & Lissen?  It almost sounds like an Ole and Lena joke, doesn't it?  Well, why not.
Ole and Lena got married.  On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee.  Giggling, Lena Said, "Ole, you can go farther if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth.
Lissen did something I remember Larsen doing as a puppy, and I wonder if my interpretation of her actions is really what occurred.

Lissen is able to go up and down our carpeted stairs to the second floor, but the uncarpeted stairs to the basement are too challenging for her.  When I walked downstairs into the basement to get a Coke, Lissen waited a little bit at the top of the basement stairs, and then (I heard) she ran upstairs to the second floor.  It seems that she had figured out that I had used the stairs, and so she would too, in the way she knew how.  She scampered up the stairs she knew and could traverse, and not down the unknown and slick staircase.  I am positive that she thought she might very well run into me at the top of the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment