Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An alien has taken over my loving wife.

I've been married for 25 years, and dated Aki for 6 years before that.  So, Aki has a dinner at the fashionable Bones Restaurant and she leaves me with -- what?  A piece of fish and some brussel sprouts.  Yes.  11 brussel sprouts.  She said that one time I said I liked them, or didn't mind them, or didn't hate them or something, so, there they were.  When did I ever say that?  Is negative times an answer?



Here's what Google said to do: stir them in oil and S&P, pan fry in olive oil, and put Gruyere cheese on them.  That sounds pretty good.  Too bad I don't have any bacon.

Ok, here they are.  Cut in half and getting gently tossed in oil and S&P. 


Ready to fry up.











Flat-side down.  Low heat.  Did I mention I'd cooked up some garlic in that oil beforehand?

Cook with the top on.








In goes the Gruyere cheese. How long was that?  8 minutes?  More?

About this time, you will want to light a kitchen candle.







Bon Appetit!  Now, just remember about what I said about that big glass of vino!

2 comments:

  1. Brussel sprouts were my one allowed "don't have to eat" food--one of us had peas, one had liver. I never could figure out why a mom would try to feed brussel sprouts to kids. But as an adult, I learned that enough cheese sauce over anything makes it palatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese helps, definitely. Especially a strong cheese like Gruyere. Bacon would've helped, too.

    ReplyDelete