Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hunt test weather

Cold.  Maybe not Marshfield cold, but cold nonetheless.  I've put the thinsulate liners into my boots and have some of those chemical foot and hand warmer in my backpack if I need them.  I've got the thermos filled with hot sugary tea and put on my blaze orange stocking cap.  The gallery at JL Lester stands atop a hill, and the dogs work in a lower bowl of an area.  As a spectator, there is not much to do but stand in the wind and watch dogs work.  There is a lot of standing around.  I've got a lunch packed because the lunch at the test seems pretty deadly:
Saturday’s lunch will be a chicken breast wrapped in a half slice of bacon and slow-cooked in a dried beef/sour cream/mushroom soup sauce; barley casserole; water/soft drink; and an as-yet-to-be-named dessert. 
 Kim will run Larsen, especially today, the first day of the HT.  So, I'll be back in the pack trying to avoid eye contact with my own dog. I hope I get some decent photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment